Older Post

Friday, January 13, 2012

Grand Canyon




 This image of the Grand Canyon has captured one of earth’s most spectacular natural beauties and one of the world’s most visually appealing landscapes. The magnificent landscape of the canyon seems to be carved by famous sculptors. The sheer drop of the canyon is unreal, but in the distance I can see and hear the turquoise colored Colorado River down below, twisting and turning like a snake around each corner. The canyon walls shimmer as the sun struck them, changing each layer of rock from dull colors to vibrant reds, oranges and browns. The rough white rocks beneath my feet have rust red dust gently scattered across them. The whole terrain has cracks and crevasses where plants had pushed their way through and were now thriving in this harsh environment. The otherwise monochromatic surface of the dry Grand Canyon terrain had bursts of stunning green shrubs, bushes and evergreen trees. 

3 comments:

  1. 13 years in AZ and I'm embarrassed to say I have never seen it..it's on my bucket list Great picture...there's so much to shoot in AZ and Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a must see! Az does have much to offer i cant wait to go back and explore some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool image I feel like I am standing on the edge of the canyon when I look at this.

    ReplyDelete